Monday, July 13, 2009

Super week

Great day of racing for me ... perfect weather, great course (ok maybe the hill could have been longer) ....
raced the cat 4/5 race ... for the most part the race was uneventful. Tower, xXx, Bicycle Heaven and one other team had several riders in the race (I think Tower had 21 guys). There were several breakaway attempts during the race, but it was apparent early on that these teams were not going to let anyone get away. The pace picked up with about 1.5 laps to go, and with about 1.5 miles to go (with most of the pack still intact), the jockeying for position started. 35mph plus on the final long straight .... positioned myself at around 10th place going into the final turns .... 2 turns from the finish, the leaders crash taking down about 6~7 riders. I decided it was all or nothing ... work my way through the crash, put my head down and start to hammer, managed to get a good gap, flew into the last turn, pushed even harder, not looking back until about 50 meters to go ...
Victory for Flatlandia!



Dave Jaggi

No comments:

Post a Comment